Friday, July 13, 2012

POEM

              This blog contains my version of a Frank O' Hara poem.

                                                  Being a Cashier

          I feel the heat of the beaming sun and the humid air
          could'nt wait for the store door to open
          I walked inside and feel the chills of the cold air of the air condition
          feels so goddamn great


         people starting to invade and grab stuffs that they could hardly carry
         like if they're at a competition
         yes its Down Town Brooklyn
         they have no manners or respect and full of anger
         how ever I have no fear


         Their eyes full of greed as they snap and bark
         wants everything for nothing
         I stand there with all my courage and pray for my hours to go fast
         yes thats what its like
        
        

         



           

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I really think you get the essence of Frank O’Hara’s “A Step Away From Home,” poem in yours. “The sun is hot, but cabs stir up the air. I look at bargains in wristwatches. There are cats playing in sawdust” (Frank O’Hara). “I feel the heat of the beaming sun and the humid hair couldn’t wait for the store door to open I walked inside and feel the chill of the cold air of the air condition feels so goddamn great” ( Ashley Paramanand). You both talk about the humidity of the sun and how it feels in your skins. Each of your lines tells their own stories and you both have this calmness about your writings. I think you portray Frank O’Hara well. Apart from editing your poem, I think you nailed it. I enjoy reading it. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annalice,thanks a lot for your time and your comments, I really appreciate it.
      Thanks again.

      Delete